“Video in the Satellite World”
2019 has been quite a year for the satellite industry. From major acquisitions to key technological advancements and innovations, this past year has seen a bit of everything. With the COVID-19 pandemic creating shockwaves throughout the world, the satellite industry has not been spared as well.
The consumer market for satellite services is unlikely to be cut during a time of stay-home orders. We have seen a spike in demand for streaming services when the pandemic began to peak and more stringent lockdowns were put in place. It will be interesting to look at how resilient the satellite industry is and how well-poised it is in surmounting the challenges ahead and finding opportunities during the time of COVID-19, as we work towards a global recovery.
What’s New for 2020?
- Asia Pacific Leaders Roundtable: Satellite Trends with the impact of COVID-19
- Weighing the Bear vs Bull Case for 5G
- Outcomes from WRC-19: View on Asia
- 2020: A landmark year for 4K UHD?
- Satellite Financing: What to watch for in 2021 and beyond
- Driving Global Growth for the satellite industry in the next decade