Based in: Singapore
Date posted: 21 April 2019
Chief Policy Officer, Singapore
A key focus of the Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA) is to represent the combined positions of its members and engage in constructive dialogue with governments so they may better understand the curated video industry and foster an environment of support for the growth of the industry. The Chief Policy Officer spearheads this goal, developing and executing policy initiatives relevant to the video industry, in consultation with and on behalf of AVIA member companies. The CPO will deal directly with government agencies and ministries around the region and with senior executives of member companies from broadcasters, streaming platforms, technology providers and telcos, among others.
This is a senior position and will require a demonstrable track record in relevant fields.
We are looking for someone who is or has:
- Smart, responsive and aware – can readily spot trends and “connect the dots”
- Outstanding English communication skills; clear writing and fast editing
- Quantitative skills, especially those relevant to researching and then graphically summarizing and visually depicting data and trends, would also be preferred
- Ability to demonstrate business value of policy approaches and lobbying investment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate well with many diverse stakeholders and build coalitions
- Ability to multi-task, take forward multiple projects simultaneously, and deliver quality services within a fast-paced environment
- Interest in details of policies and the regulatory oversight of the media, technology and telecoms industries; some background in law, government, management consulting/strategy or lobbying would be preferred
- Knowledge of the copyright and/or communications industries would also be useful
- Knowledge of a relevant Asian language and/or Asia-based experience would be a benefit but is not mandatory
If interested please email email@example.com with your CV and why you think you are the right fit. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Commercial Manager, Media Asia Pacific
As an integral member of the sales team, you will provide critical support in managing the implementation and on-going management of key strategic accounts contracts in the Media segment. You will promote and educate the Asia Pacific sales team and Customers on new and existing managed services and be they key interface between the Media Business Unit and Asia Pacific sales.
Are you up to the challenge?
- You are the Commercial liaison between strategic customers and internal Company resources to increase customer satisfaction;
- You manage the Media revenue budget for Asia Pacific Sales, and you highlight any shortfalls in budget to the VP, as well as present possible remedies to align.
- You will become the expert on new managed services. Provide timely feedback to the BU (Business Unit) with regards to commercial and technical requirements from Asian customers
- You Increase Intelsat profitability by working with Intelsat engineering resources and customer to optimize capacity utilization, network design and transition costs;
- You will work with Intelsat Capacity Management and Customer Sales Engineers to identify optimum capacity for deployment in Media customer networks;
- You have the win/win mentality to drive increased profitability for Intelsat;
- You are able to identify gaps in Intelsat product portfolio and highlight gaps to product management team.
Want to list a role?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the opportunity. Please include the following information:
- Job title
- Location where role is based
- Job description
- Contact details for applicants
NB: This service is available free-of-charge and to AVIA members only. Roles are listed for a period of one month.