Regulatory Assistant Intern
The Asia Video Industry Association is currently recruiting to fill a one-year paid internship position in its Hong Kong office. The job of the Regulatory Assistant Intern is to assist AVIA’s Policy Team with conducting advocacy work on behalf of AVIA member companies. This involves liaising with AVIA members and regional governments, researching regional regulatory policy and tracking any developments, and providing administrative support by organizing meetings and outreach events. Many of the position’s specific tasks and responsibilities depend on current industry developments and changes to regional policy.
The job provides a front row seat into the changing video industry in Asia. With more and more consumers in Asia watching content online, the industry is racing to keep up. The changes affecting the industry – and the gradual emergence from the COVID pandemic – will have a strong effect on the intern’s role and activities.
3 Key Areas: Advocacy, Research and Administrative Support
- Research industry conditions and monitor regulatory developments in surrounding markets; keep AVIA members informed about any new regulatory happenings
- Organize bi-monthly AVIA committee meetings for legal and regulatory experts in HK and other locations around Asia
- Take a key role in organizing the Policy Roundtable at the annual Asia Video Summit
- Assist with the organization of other major AVIA/industry events
- Monitor news developments and contribute to bi-weekly newsletter (“Policy & Piracy Newsletter”) and occasionally act as editor
- Edit and proofread AVIA publications, including country reports, press releases, and various research studies
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to take initiative, and work confidently with minimal direction
- Motivated and quick learner, with a keen interest in government relations, economic policy, and media industries
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
Additional Skills (Desirable but not required)
- Proficiency in an Asian language, especially Mandarin or Cantonese
Please send expressions of interest to email@example.com .
For more details, download the full job description below
Want to list a role?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the opportunity. Please include the following information:
- Job title
- Location where role is based
- Job description
- Contact details for applicants
NB: This service is available free-of-charge and to AVIA members only. Roles are listed for a period of one month.