Who We Are
The Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA) is THE trade association for the video industry and ecosystem in Asia Pacific. It serves to make the video industry stronger and healthier through promoting the common interests of its members. Understanding global trends in media, AVIA is focused specifically on addressing issues in the video markets of Asia.
- the interlocutor for the video industry with governments across the region.
- dedicated to reducing video piracy and creating a more sustainable business environment for established as well as new video companies to innovate and grow.
- a leading resource for information and intelligence on trends and developments in the video industry in Asia, through publications, newsletters, conferences and seminars.
What we do
- AVIA is the association for all connected with the video ecosystem in Asia.
- AVIA exists to make the video industry in Asia stronger, healthier, more vibrant, and to foster innovation in the industry.
- AVIA has a large and diverse membership, and is a “must join” association for anyone connected to the video industry.
- AVIA reaches out – and is relevant – to staff at all levels in member companies. All employees of member companies are considered as our members.
- AVIA brings the industry together to allow challenges that are common to all to be faced together.
- AVIA speaks for the industry with one voice in consultations and dialogues with regulators and government bodies across Asia Pacific.
- AVIA is taking a leading role in developing tangible and measurable actions to reduce the effect of video piracy and works collaboratively with similarly like-minded organisations.
- AVIA will provide leading industry information and intelligence on developments in different markets, on developments in business models, and developments in technology for the video industry.
- AVIA is regional in focus, but with strong membership in every Asian market and active regular engagements in each market.
Heritage and Evolution
AVIA has evolved from CASBAA, which was established in 1991 at the birth of the pay TV industry in Asia; a time when video was primarily distributed and received through cable and satellite. Today, the video industry has evolved and while linear pay TV, cable operators and satellite providers are still a big and important part of the industry, it equally encompasses all those who produce, curate and distribute video content in whatever format, to whatever device, and the entire ecosystem that surrounds the video industry.