At the Asia Video Industry Association, we draw on over 25 years of knowledge and understanding of international broadcasters, satellite and media companies to deliver support to our Members. We have the expertise to help companies with the adoption of best practice and the implementation of the latest technology and processes. Our proactive approach helps you gain traction in today’s changing media landscape and increase your competitiveness.
There are many reasons to join the Asia Video Industry Association and we offer our members many benefits.
Our members join because:
- They care about the future of the video industry in Asia Pacific and want to be part of a community of like-minded responsible companies to work to make it stronger and healthier.
- They believe in a light-touch regulatory environment, in which a level playing field is established for all industry participants.
- They want to add their weight to the broadest industry effort to reduce video piracy for the benefit of the entire video ecosystem.
- They value access to exclusive insight and intelligence about the development of the industry.
- We will promote our members brands, news and reports where appropriate on our website and in publications.
- Attendance at AVIA-hosted events will always be heavily discounted.
- Publications and intelligence – including access to members only section of the website – will be free for members.
Our members include individual television stations, television broadcast groups, streaming platforms, advertising and media agencies, content syndicators, international broadcasters, and industry stakeholders including agencies, advertisers, law firms, research companies, technology providers and financial advisors.
Broadcasters and Streaming Platforms
The most visible companies in the content industry, our broadcasting and streaming members include top international networks, content providers and streaming platforms, as well as regional and local players, covering the gamut of business models from advertising to subscription.
A vast category, members include companies from across the broadcasting spectrum including working with set-top-boxes, conditional access systems, content delivery networks services, cloud security solutions, networking, communications, and many others.
A vital part of the broadcasting industry, these companies provide comprehensive information, resources and intelligence and include research companies and law firms.
This group of members represent the leading global satellite operators, service providers, manufacturers, launch services providers, and ground equipment suppliers in the Asia Pacific and across the globe.
We have a number of categories for membership, each dependent on the level of involvement you wish to have in our industry.
To apply to join the Asia Video Industry Association, simply download the Membership Application Form below, complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.*
At the discretion of the Board of Directors, membership is open to any company or individual involved in the video industry and its ecosystem in Asia.
In order to qualify for membership of the Asia Video Industry Association, prospective members undertake to adhere to the following principles:
- Members are committed to the growth of the video industry across the Asia Pacific region.
- Members are committed to the growth of the video industry across the Asia Pacific region
- Members believe that appropriate rights for creators must be maintained and enforced in order to drive innovation to the benefit of the creative industries, and society as a whole.
- Members are committed to fighting video piracy and strengthening copyright protections.
- Members support a light-touch regulatory environment, in which a level playing field is established for all industry participants.
- Members favour open markets, and strive for unrestricted access to individual markets in the region.
- Members support ethical business practices.
- Members agree to not involve the Association in activities that contravene sanctions administered by the United Nations, HM Treasury (UK), the European Union, the US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), or the Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
For more information on joining the Asia Video Industry Association, please email email@example.com.
There are five (5) categories of membership to choose from, plus the option of CAP Steering Committee and Policy Advisory Council membership.
Fees* are paid annually with our membership year running 1 January to 31 December.
Patron membership is designed for those companies who want to take a leadership role within the broader video industry in Asia.
- Any firm, corporation or other entity interested in the objectives of AVIA shall be eligible for Patron membership.
- Each Patron member shall have the right to four (4) votes at meetings of the Association provided always that all four (4) votes shall be cast collectively and shall not be split.
- Each Patron member shall be entitled to exclusive access to Patron member-only meetings organised by the Association.
- All Patron members are eligible to stand for election to the Board of Directors.
Any firm, corporation or other entity interested in the objectives of AVIA shall be eligible for Corporate membership.
- Each Corporate member shall have the right to two (2) votes at meetings of the Association provided always that all two (2) votes shall be cast collectively and shall not be split.
- All Corporate members are eligible to stand for election to the Board of Directors.
Any firm, corporation or other entity having fewer than fifty (50) employees globally across one or more group(s) and interested in the objectives of AVIA shall be eligible for Enterprise membership.
- Each Enterprise member shall have the right to one vote at meetings of the Association.
- Enterprise members are eligible to stand for election to the Board of Directors provided that no more than two Small Company members may be on the Board of Directors at any one time
Any firm, corporation or other entity that supports the advertising ecosystem around premium streaming video services shall be eligible for Advertising Associate membership. Objectives include defining premium, setting standards and best practices and the measurability of ad effectiveness.
- Participation in Interactive Advertising Committee Meetings
- Please note that the maximum duration of Associate Membership is two years after which members will be invited to become full members.
- Advertising Associate members are not eligible to vote on AVIA association matters
An individual may be considered for membership of the Association.
- A person may be considered for Individual membership of the Association where he/she:
- does not work for a company that is eligible for another category of Membership; and
- does not employ any professional full-time staff.
- Individual members may attend, but shall not have the right, to vote at meetings of the Association.
- If there are more than ten (10) Individual members in the Association at any one time, the Individual members shall be entitled to elect amongst themselves an individual to be appointed to the Board of Directors, but such individual shall not have any right to vote in meetings of the Board of Directors.
CAP Steering Committee
$25,000 additional to membership fees
The CAP Steering Committee is open to all members.
- All categories of membership also include membership of the Coalition Against Piracy, and a portion of every members’ fees will go towards funding CAP.
- Those members who pay the additional CAP funding fee will then comprise, and sit on, the Steering Committee.
* All prices are in USD