Within the Asian landscape, India with its 1.3 billion people has always been unique. After years of becoming one of the world’s most important pay-TV markets, a new revolution is underway. While growth in TV continues, mobile internet is exploding and providing what could soon be one of the world’s biggest video streaming markets. The entry of more than 30 streaming platforms in a span of barely three years speaks volume about the massive potential this industry has. As 2020 progresses, it will be of interest to many to find out what trends the video streaming industry in India will see play out this year, and what key drivers of growth will be for industry players and customers.
What’s New for 2020?
- Is SVOD giving way to AVOD as the predominant business model?
- Reinvention: Keeping DTH relevant to consumers.
- YouTube crafts out a new strategy.
- Ideas that scale: Localising global formats for the India market.
- Consumers and content in a mobile economy – A conversation with one of the world’s largest social media platform.
- How are e-payment platforms accelerating India’s growth in the digital economy?